Thursday, January 24, 2013

It's a boy!

Welp, here he is!  Vincent Alexander Schiariti.  7 pounds, 8 ounces, 20 and 3/4 inches of perfectly healthy baby!  Born 5:20 AM on January 22, 2013.  Mommy and baby are home now and everything's going well.  I have to admit that I was nervous as hell going into the hospital on Monday.  As it turned out, my wife woke up from a nap that afternoon and was complaining about blurry vision.  We hopped in the car and headed to CVS to utilize the free blood pressure cuff thingamajig.  It was high...WAY high.  Called the doctor who said to go to the hospital.  Since the baby was pretty much at term, the good doctor decided that it would be best to just induce.  Eight hours later, Vinnie was born.  I have to give it to my wife who hung in there like a trooper.  You may have heard the rumor that the 'second one will go easier'.  That is, without a doubt, bullshit. I'm sure in some women's experience that's the case, but it sure wasn't this time.  Wifey fought through it for eight hours with zero sleep for that entire 24 hour period. 

So, now we get to start from scratch with the diapers, formula, mid-night feedings, and all that other fun stuff.  Kinda outta practice since my daughter's halfway through her sixth year now.  But hey, it's gotta be like riding a bike, right?  Rrrrrright.

Needless to say, I probably won't be hammering out much on the ole keyboard for the next couple weeks as we get used to things.  It's just not a priority right now and frankly, I probably won't have the energy to edit or write something new anyway.  But that's ok.  Family is and always will be more important than hammering out some drivel that nobody will read anyway!

Until next time, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment