Monday, January 21, 2013

A real Blog review!

Two posts in as many days, you may ask?  Yes!  I do it because I care.

You may (or may not) remember that I posted last night saying that I heard from a little twitter bird that a favorable review for Words With Fiends was forthcoming today.  Well, it's aliiiiiiiiiiiiive!  And it's goooooooood!  Ally over at Wordvagabond was kind enough to send my little story out to one of her reviewers and review it she did!

Here are the first two lines of the review:

"This short story is best read at night . . . with the lights out . . . so it can scare the hell out of you."

 Wow. 

Now, when I came up with the idea for the story and got around to writing it, it was my intent to make something creepy and atmospheric.  It seems that I succeeded.  I will, however, admit that I had no idea it would scare the crackers outta people.  Added bonus!  But I will say this:  there is nothing better than when you try to create something that will suck people in to the point where they have to turn a pages compulsively to see what happens next and, in fact, that is exactly what happens. 

So yeah, maybe I don't suck as bad as I thought?  Can't rest my hat on one story, that's for certain.  But, this is the type of thing that gives one that little extra lift when they're suffering from severe lack of confidence.  It makes me want to keep putting things out there for people to check out and, hopefully like. 

Here's a link to the full review.  Still don't know how to drag that sorta thing into the body of the post.  I r phail at computorz.

Also, just check out Wordvagabond if you get a chance.  They support indie and small press authors and, for you writer types out there, they offer all kinds of editing/proofreading/beta reading services at VERY competitive prices.

See ya around the Interwebz!

No comments:

Post a Comment